SEO is all about winning the organic traffic by implementing the search engines optimizing tactics; according to the BrightEdge research paper, 53.3% of web traffic comes through organic search. Yet, many businesses fail to optimize their sites. We have compiled a whitepaper SEO to enlighten the tested SEO strategies in this blog to help you win the optimization game.
Search engines like Google & Bing are an integral part of today’s human lives. We use Google to find information regarding any topic, certain news, or nearby Pizza shop. And Google shows the best answers to our queries within nanoseconds. Google’s incredible algorithms fetch the best-matched result from millions of web pages to display against our search queries. You may look at the following example to better understand the SERPs concept,
We have searched for ‘potato fries’, and Google comes up with 225 million results within 0.78 seconds, as shown in the image,
From the 225 million related results, Google has chosen the best ten results to display on its result page. Google or any other search engine is not a human being; how does it prioritize some of the web pages on millions of the others for its result pages? Well, that’s SEO; Google picks the optimized web pages for its result pages. And we are here to discuss the best SEO whitepapers to let you hack the actual optimization strategies.
Whitepapers SEO – An Ultimate Whitepaper SEO Guide
Whether you’re performing corporate SEO or optimizing a blogging site, SEO white paper can help you grow digital visibility and boost organic traffic & conversion rates. SEO whitepapers can be an ultimate optimization guide for businesses who can’t manage to afford SEO expert agencies to make their business visible. We have reviewed multiple tested SEO guides and used our established site experience to write this SEO white paper for you.
We have divided this SEO white paper into three sections, ‘On-page SEO’, ‘Technical on-page SEO’, and ‘Off-page SEO’, to keep it simple & easy to decipher & digest the concepts for beginners.
ON- Page SEO
On-page SEO refers to the optimization tactics used to optimize individual web pages to make them visible to their targeted audience. It is performed on the web page without any third-party site or tool interference, which earns it the name of on-page or on-site SEO.
This SEO white paper will discuss the most crucial & tested on-page SEO tactics to make optimization as easy as possible irrespective of your business size & niche. Let’s have a look at top-notch on-page SEO tactics below,
Content is the base of any SEO strategy; you can’t implement most on-page SEO tactics without creating content. Search engines have a great hunger for content, and businesses keep creating content to get noticed. You may follow the enlisted tips to craft a converting content strategy and create content to get your business sites ranked on top SERPs,
- Keyword Enriched – Write keyword-enriched content to signal the search engine’s algorithms. There is no rule of thumb regarding keyword density; you may go with the natural keyword density approach. Natural keyword density recommends the natural use of keywords by avoiding artificial keyword stuffing.
- How to pick a Keyword – Keywords are like on-ground soldiers in a war zone. They can make or break any SEO strategy; you may invest your time designing a converting keyword strategy before implementation. You can use free & paid tools like Google Keyword Planner or Moz – Keyword research to find the ideal keyword for your business. You may finalize a keyword for your SEO campaign that must have the following five characteristics,
- Related Keyword – Go for the business-related keywords. For instance, if you’re designing a keyword strategy for a business college, you may consider only business education-related keywords to focus on the potential audience. A business college keyword strategy may not include irrelevant keywords like ‘spicy food’ or ‘best movies 2022.’
- Search Volume – Search volume matters, A business-related keyword with lower search volume will be useless for an SEO campaign. If your business owned a new domain, you might pick keywords with at least 500 monthly search volumes.
- Search Intent – Search intent is crucial; search volume is an illusion until its search intent is deciphered. A keyword with an intent to find some information regarding any topic can’t work for an e-commerce store optimization. You need to decipher the intent of keyword research before picking it for your business keyword strategy.
- Keyword Difficulty – The keyword difficulty score indicates the complications ratio to get it ranked on SERPs for your site. If your site has lower domain authority, you may pick keywords with a keyword difficulty score of ≤ 30. And if your business site has domain authority of up to 60, you can choose keywords with a keyword difficulty score of ≤ 50.
- Longtail Keywords – Keywords length is the most significant feature, especially for websites with lower domain authority scores. You may go with longtail keywords comprised of generally two to three keywords. Longtail keywords narrow down the competition by targeting a specific audience group, and it’s ultimately easier to rank longtail keywords than smaller ones.
- Unique Content – Create unique content as search engines don’t promote the copied content. You can’t doge search engines by feeding the duplicated content. Search engines take plagiarism as a negative SEO signal and stop indexing sites with duplicated content.
- Word Count – What should be the word count for a content piece? You may not follow any word count rule; any rule regarding the word count or keyword density will make your content artificial. Search engines, including Google & BING, do not prioritize artificial content for their top SERPs.
Technical On-page SEO
Content creation is the first step for on-page optimization; you may follow the enlisted technical on-page SEO tactics to optimize the content & webpage further. We have gone through the several SEO whitepapers to compile the following technical on-page SEO practices,
- Keyword Enriched Title & H1 Tags – Naturally embed the main keyword in your blog’s title & H1 tags.
- Keyword Enriched First Paragraph – Don’t forget to naturally use the main keywords in the blog’s first paragraph.
- Keyword enriched URL – Write small, simple, and keyword enriched URLs. It will help search engines index the web page, and users digest the hierarchy of webpage to explore the related blogs.
- Metadata – Write keyword-enriched Metadata for every webpage. Metadata helps search engines index the web pages in the right category and increase the CTR (click-through rate) by giving a positive user experience.
- Use Images – Images play a vital role in optimizing a web page. You may use original, related, and high-quality images to make a webpage complete.
- Infographic Images – Don’t forget to use infographic images, especially when creating technical website content. Infographics images give viewers a positive user experience and send a strong optimization signal to the search engines.
- Alt-image tags – Write keyword-enriched alt-image tags to optimize the images for Google Image Search. Alt-tags send strong optimization signals to search engines.
- Internal Linking – Search engines take an unlinked web page as a dead web page and forget it among millions of web pages. Build internal links to connect all the web pages and send a robust SEO signal to search engines.
Off-Page SEO (Off-Site SEO) refers to the optimization activities performed outside the website. Off-page SEO is an integral part of SEO; it lets you set the perception of your website before search engines and users.
SEO is an evolving subject; search engines continuously update their SEO policies to improve the user experience. But, relevancy, reliability, and authority are the three constant optimization factors that a website can achieve by off-page optimization. It increases the significance of off-page SEO; we have extracted vital off-page activities by analyzing the multiple SEO whitepapers. Let’s have a look at these essential off-site optimization activities below to boost your sites,
- Backlink Building
Backlinks building is the core of off-page SEO; You can say that 90% off-page SEO revolves around link-building tactics. Search engines use backlink signals to determine the quality of content and authority of a website.
But what are the backlinks?
Backlinks are the inbound link that connects a website with other related websites. Instead of getting hundreds of backlinks, you may focus on getting a few ones from related and higher authority websites. Because it’s not the number of backlinks but the quality which matters.
In general, there are three types of backlinks, as discussed below,
- Editorial Links – These are natural links that any website uses to connect itself with another website’s particular product/service or blog. Websites earn editorial links without making any effort for link building.
- Manual Link – These are the manually built links that websites earn by making efforts like requesting influencers to share a link on their site.
- Self Link Building – These are the self-made backlinks that website admins create by sharing their website links to questions/answer sites, business directories, social media, etc.
While Non-link building off-page SEO includes the following activities,
- Social Media Marketing – social media is getting bigger with every passing day; it has nearly replaced the traditional media in most people’s lives. Social media branding is a great way to establish your brand’s identity and gain organic traffic by building a loyal customer base through SM marketing. Social media marketing comes under off-site SEO activity; it also lets your site earn a link if you have to market a product/service weblink through social media marketing.
- Influencer Marketing – Influencer marketing is another off-page tactic to establish a distinctive brand value. Contact your business niche-related influencers and ask them to make a video or publish a blog to enlighten your business. Many influencers charge for time; they will charge every minute to publish a post regarding your business on their social media. After the decided period, they remove such promotional content from their social media. But in the meantime, your brand will establish its identity among millions of new users.
Final Words | SEO Whitepapers – An Ultimate Whitepaper SEO Guide
SEO whitepapers are documents explaining the SEO strategy for multinational companies’ sites. Generally, Companies hire SEO staff for corporate SEO, and they tend to document every SEO activity performed on the site. This blog has discussed the whitepaper SEO tactics extracted